Support for family members or friends affected by addiction
What is it?
Addiction doesn’t just affect the user!
The Carers Service know that supporting someone who has an addiction can affect your:
- Wellbeing and stress levels
- Physical health
- Support networks and friends
- Ability to manage day to day tasks
- Understanding and knowledge
- Opportunity to have a life of your own
What is available?
- Flexible 1 – 1 support
- Weekly support group
- Practical advice
- Social activities
- Evening groups
- Opportunities to relax and de-stress
- Support to manage the situation
- Chance to focus on your own wellbeing
- Information about drugs and their effects
- Information about local addiction support services
Who is it for?
Anyone over the age of 18 who is affected by someone else’s drug or alcohol use.
The service is free, confidential and non-judgemental.
Remember the ‘Three C’s’:
You didn’t CAUSE it
You can’t CONTROL it
You can’t CURE it
But you CAN get help from the CARERS SERVICE to help you deal with your situation.
DON’T SUFFER ALONE.
ContactBlackburn with Darwen Carers Service Kingsway Greenhurst Place Blackburn BB2 1NA Tel: 01254 688440
The Young Carers Service
Under 18’s who are living with addiction in their family can receive support through the Blackburn with Darwen Young Carers Service. To find out more, call 01254 692709.