Patient Advice and Liaison Services (PALS)
What is it?
The Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) offers confidential advice, support and information on health-related matters. They provide a point of contact for patients, their families and their carers.
How can PALS help?
PALS provides help in many ways. For example, it can:
- help you with health-related questions
- help resolve concerns or problems when you’re using the NHS
- tell you how to get more involved in your own healthcare
PALS can give you information about:
- the NHS
- the NHS complaints procedure, including how to get independent help if you want to make a complaint
- support groups outside the NHS
PALS also helps to improve the NHS by listening to your concerns and suggestions.
Who is it for?
Patients, their relatives, carers and friends.
ContactRoyal Blackburn Hospital Haslingden Road
BB2 3HH Tel: 0800 587 2586