Newground – Engaging Vulnerable Young People
What is it?
The aim of this project is to increase social capital amongst young people, supporting them to develop life plans to help move towards a more positive future.
If a young person meets criteria they will be allocated a key worker and receive a tier approach support package:
- Tier 3 – Maximum 12 week intensive 1-1 support for those in crisis.
- Tier 2 – Six week 1-1 medium level support – step down.
- Tier 1 – Facilitating access to services, feeding into targeted group work and services by partners.
Who is it for?
Referral criteria for young people:
- Young people aged 14-25 years currently living in Blackburn with Darwen
- Currently not engaging with other support services/networks
- Leading chaotic lifestyles and facing multiple challenges which may include
- engaging in a range of risk taking behaviours
- at risk of/or involvement in Crime and Anti Social Behaviour
- facing barriers to education, employment or training
- homelessness or inappropriate living situation
- at risk of exploitation
- alcohol/substance misuse
- experiencing family/relationship breakdown
- poor mental health and wellbeing
- financial instability
- Self referral direct to project
- Agency request for support via Transforming Lives
For more information please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org