Macmillan Cancer Improvement Partnership (MCIP)
What is it?
The Macmillan Cancer Improvement Partnership (MCIP) in East Lancashire & Blackburn with Darwen aims to provide better care and support for cancer patients from the moment of diagnosis to beyond treatment. This includes a new information and support service, support from Macmillan solutions volunteers and help to get more physically active as well as opportunities to volunteer or share views about services and experiences.
- Information and support service – Quality cancer Information at a range of community and primary care venues and a support line and email service.
- Macmillan Solutions – A volunteer service helping people affected by cancer, their families, carers and friends get on with their lives and regain some control
- Macmillan Move More Programme – Support to be more physical active to help recover from the effects of cancer.
- Service User Involvement – An opportunity to share views and experiences to help develop and improve cancer care in the area.
- Volunteer opportunities – help provide better cancer care in your area by becoming a Macmillan Volunteer.
Who is it for?
Individuals affected by cancer across East Lancashire and Blackburn with Darwen which includes:
- Blackburn with Darwen
- Ribble Valley
If you would like to access any of the support outlined above or would like more information about MCIP please get in touch via phone or email via the details below.
Find out where you nearest Macmillan information point is by downloading our Cancer Information and Support Service leaflet
Click here to find out more about the Move More Programme and how to get support to be more active.
Interested in becoming a volunteer please contact us to find out more.
Would you like the opportunity to share your views and experiences to help develop and improve cancer care in the area? Please get in touch we would love to hear from you.
Macmillan Community Cancer Information and Support
East Lancashire and Blackburn with Darwen
Phone: 01254 585535 (operated Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm, with voicemail facilities available)
Macmillan Support Line