Balance and Strength Training – Falls Prevention
What is it?
Preventing Slips, Trips, Falls and Injury!
The qualified Falls Prevention Team will support you through a targeted exercise programme which will improve your balance, strength and mobility and help you maintain your health, independence and quality of life.
Who is it for?
To be eligible for the service you must:
- be aged 60 or over
- live or be registered with a GP in Blackburn with Darwen
and meet one of the following criteria:
- have a history of falling
- have had a recent fall
- have a fear of falling
- be at risk of falling
- have reduced mobility
How will the training CLASSES benefit me?
- Make everyday activities easier
- Increase confidence and reduce fear of falling
- Feel safe exercising under expert supervision
- Get advice on other beneficial exercise and reducing the risk of future falls
- Talk to other people who have the same experiences
- Keep motivated and have fun!