Blackburn with Darwen Learning Disability Partnership Board
What is it?
Do you or a family member have a learning disability and/ or autism and live in Blackburn with Darwen? If so, in Blackburn with Darwen there are two regular public meetings
- Learning Disability Partnership Board
- Autism Partnership Board
Who is it for?
Anyone is welcome to attend if you have an interest in Learning Disabilities and / or Autism. You could be
- someone living with Learning Disabilities and/ or Autism
- a family member, friend or carer of someone living with Learning Disabilities and / or Autism
- a professional working in health and social care with an interest in Learning Disabilities and / or Autism
Why are these meetings important?
All the people listed above who have an interest in learning disability/ and or autism come together to plan, talk and develop the services that people need in the borough. These meetings give people a voice.
At the meetings you can also:
- find out what’s going on for adults with a learning disability and / or autism
- tell people what you think about local services
- be heard by the people who can make changes to services which can impact on the quality of peoples lives
- find out about your rights and important national policies
- help make services better for people with a learning disability and/ or autism in Blackburn with Darwen
- meet new people
Where and when are the meetings?
Our meetings are held at The Enterprise Centre, Furthergate, Blackburn, Blackburn BB1 3HQ every two months.
You can also find out more by visiting
- Care Network Hub, 9 Town Hall Street, Blackburn, BB2 1AG (opposite Blackburn Library)
If you want to find out more, including the dates of the next meetings contact
- Carole at Care Network Hub on 01254 507255 (option 2)
- Or email Carole at firstname.lastname@example.org