Blackburn with Darwen Mindcare
What is it?
Blackburn with Darwen Mindcare offer brief psychological treatments for depression and anxiety disorders. They are also able to offer advice regarding other organisations who may offer support within your community.
Self-Help leaflets and Books on Prescription – Helping people with mild to moderate mental health problems using Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
Living Life to the Full is offered in Community Venues or can be accessed on-line. Computer assisted Cognitive Behavioural Therapy(CBT) consists of eight individual or group sessions that may change your life.
- This package aims to provide easy access to CBT skills – and does so in a way that cuts through the jargon, by empowering users to understand why they feel as they do, and to learn new ways of improving how they feel
- To learn how your thoughts are connected to your feelings and behaviours and how to begin to make changes in your life
- There are lots of case examples of other people who have similar problems at www.llttf.com
- Courses available: Stress Less (every 4 weeks), Improve Mood (every 4 weeks), Sleep Improvement (every 4 weeks), Relax Yourself ( every 4 weeks)
Psychological Wellbeing Practitioners (PWP’s) offer 30 minute sessions, face-to-face or by telephone. They are trained to deliver a broad range of evidence-based interventions to treat common mental health problems, these include:
- Mood management techniques such as behavioural activation and techniques to manage unhelpful thinking
- Problem solving
- Information about any medications you may have been prescribed
- Anxiety and Stress Management
Mindfulness for Health and Wellbeing – This eight week course teaches you skills to live in the moment and better manage stress and distress through learning mindfulness skills. To find out more about Mindfulness courses go to www.lancashirecare.nhs.uk/Mindfulness or www.bemindful.co.uk/learn/find_a_course
The Mindcare Improving Access to Psychological Therapies (IAPT) Service also offers a range of talking therapies including Counselling, Cognitive Behavioural Therapy and Eye Movement Desensitisation Therapy (EMDR). For more information about Counselling and CBT go to www.bacp.co.uk
Who is it for?
Healthy Minds Services offer brief psychological treatments for depression and anxiety disorders. They are not able to provide reports for compensation, legal or benefits claims, nor do they prescribe medication. Please discuss these needs with your GP. IAPT Services do not offer long term therapy or ongoing support following brief therapy.
To download a IAPT self referral form click the link below:
NHS Mental Health helpline 0500 639 000 Monday to Friday 7pm – 11pm, Saturday and Sunday 12am – 12pm – An ‘out of hours’ telephone support to anyone concerned about mental health issues, or that of someone you know, and to provide mental health information. This is a FREEPHONE number and will not appear on a telephone bill.
The Samaritans 0845 790 9090 – 24 hours a day, 365 days a year
Help Direct 0303 333 1111