70 miles in 7 days
re:fresh Volunteer, Tony Wheeldon, is to take on an epic walk to raise money for Blackpool Victoria Cardiac Department and the British Heart Foundation.
Tony has been an active volunteer with re:fresh for a number of years as a walk leader before having to have a double heart bypass last year at Blackpool Victoria Hospital. Shortly after his successful operation Tony also reached his 70th birthday. After his successful operation Tony, went through the Active Living Cardiac Rehabilitation programme at Darwen Leisure Centre.
Tony was soon feeling well enough to get back to leading walks and wanted to do something to help the cardiac department at Blackpool Hospital and also the British Heart Foundation. His 70 miles in 7 days challenge will see him walk approximately 10 miles everyday and will include walks to the official Lancashire Three Peaks.
Tony would like to invite any walkers to join him. To raise funds he will be asking anyone taking part to donate £1 for each walk. Their names will then be entered into a prize draw taking place at the end of the final walk, with a number of prizes up for grabs.
The walks will commence at 10.30am from the following locations:
- Monday 20th May 2019 – Vaughn’s Café car park, Tockholes
- Tuesday 21st May 2019 – Sawley Abbey
- Wednesday 22nd May 2019 – Entwistle Reservoir lower car park
- Thursday 23rd May 2019 – Jeffery Hill car park, Longridge
- Friday 24th May 2019 – Garstang car park between Main Street and River Wyre
- Saturday 25th May 2019 – Nick of Pendle roadside parking area
- Sunday 26th May 2019 – Manston nr Ilkley