Other Health Advice and Information
When you think of adult and child health, you might think about various ways to stay healthy, from hand washing and vaccines to cancer prevention. Good for you! The choices you make everyday go a long way toward promoting adult and child health.
It’s equally important to pay attention to signs and symptoms. Know which health warning signs merit medical attention, from unexplained weight loss or changes in bowel habits to shortness of breath and sudden headaches.
Of course, regular physical examinations and health screening tests are an important part of preventative health care. Know which screening tests you need and how often to have them done. Early detection can be the key to successful treatment.
For more information and relevant services, please see the related links below.
- Movement and Relaxation for New Mums and Mums to Be
- Changing Lives
- East Lancashire Deaf Society
- Urgent Care Centre
- Minor Injuries Unit
- NHS 111 Service
- Lancashire LGBT
- GIFTS (Group Intervention for Therapeutic Support)
- Cruse Bereavement Care
- Lancashire Health and Wellbeing Centre
- Macmillan Cancer Improvement Partnership (MCIP)
- Healthwatch Blackburn with Darwen
- Patient Advice and Liaison Services (PALS)
- Here to Help
- Contraception and Sexual Health Service (CaSH)
- Wellbeing Service
- Health and Wellbeing Passport
- Lancashire Women’s Centres
- Citizens Advice Bureau
- Age UK Blackburn with Darwen
- Everybody Young Persons Resource Centre
- Macular Society
- Blackburn with Darwen Library and Information Service
- Balance and Strength Training – Falls Prevention
- Carers Service
- Baiter Sehat Project
- Active Living